Aloha! I’m so thrilled that we found each other through this page. Some of you may have already experienced Pilates but were curious to know more about me. Maybe your Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, Physical Therapist, or friend sent you this way. Maybe you’re new and trying to figure out, “What IS Pilates anyway, and what can it do for me?” You might also be curious about Franklin Method®.
Well, I love sharing MY STORY. That’s a good way to get started.
Aloha! I’m so thrilled that we found each other through this page.Some of you may have already experienced Pilates but were curious to know more about me. Maybe your Massage Therapist, Chiropractor, Physical Therapist, or friend sent you this way.Maybe you’re new and trying to figure out, “What IS Pilates anyway, and what can it do for me?” You might also be curious about Franklin Method®.
What is Pilates, then? What is Franklin Method®?
That’s something that even longtime teachers are trying to define in words. It honestly makes more sense to EXPERIENCE them both, and you can look at the TESTIMONIALS.
That’s why I invite you to try, with a specially priced intro offer.
Pilates started with Joseph Pilates almost 100 years ago He called it “Contrology.” It involves controlled movements and breath, to improve your strength, flexibility, posture, and more. The exercises can be done on a Mat or on specialized Equipment (look at the photos!).Many people experience benefits from Pilates. And you can go back to MY STORY to see how it helped get rid of chronic pain and improved my Spine.Nobody teaches today, exactly how Joseph Pilates taught. However, there were a number of Elders who studied with him (some still are alive) and teach as close to the original as possible. This is Classical Pilates. Yet -- They are all different!Modern Pilates developed in the 1980s and incorporates the most up to date Sciences. Many Physical Therapists and Massage Therapists gravitated towards the Modern styles. Modern teachers adapt to changes in Science -- for example, updated Anatomy, and Biomechanics.I embrace Classical and Modern teachers and have enjoyed workshops from both!
2. Franklin Method®
Eric Franklin’s work incorporates Osteopathic Sciences as well as the most up to date Anatomy.We teach in fun, colorful, ways and use simple exercises. These are designed to help you feel right away, how GOOD it feels when you use your body in a FUNCTIONAL way.
That is how we help you experience:
- A relaxed neck and shoulder.
- More springy feet.
- More comfort in your back.
- Better function in your hands.
- A more flexible and elastic body.
And this is really beneficial whether you are a professional Athlete or a stroke survivor.
My Pilates style is Modern and Science-Based.
My Pilates style is Modern and Science-Based. Pilates with Osteopathic Sciences. I also incorporate therapeutic Bodywork at times, which isn’t something that most do.I did a highly modified Pilates to change my spine, hips, feet, and more. The person who started me out on that track was Physiotherapist Anne Dawson.I have been teaching since 2008. It is so thrilling to watch people’s bodies transform over time.
- Pilates Method Alliance, Certified Pilates Teacher
- STOTT PILATES® Fully Certified Instructor
- Franklin Method® Level 3 Movement Educator
- Licensed Massage Therapist (MAT#6286)
- Board Certified (NCBTMB #307766-00)
- Board of Directors, The Pilates Initiative
BETTER BREATHING WILL MAKE YOU:
- Get rid of tension in your neck, shoulders, jaw, and the rest of your body
- Make you more flexible
- Improve your Spine.
- Leave you more calm and focused.
BETTER POSTURE CENTERED IN GRAVITY WILL:
- Help you to prevent falling
- Reduce wear and tear on your joints, discs, muscles, and connective tissues
- Improve your athletic performance
- Vastly improve your flexibility and agility
- Reduce pain and injury
LEARN QUICK AND EASY EXERCISES TO:
- Reduce tension in your neck, shoulders, back, hips, legs, etc.
- Improve your Feet, so you can feel better standing, walking, running, dancing…
- Help you move with a greater sense of ease.
- Help you improve the spine, hips, and more.
LEARN HOW TO:
- Prevent athletic injuries and extend your shelf life in your sport.
- Take care of those chronic aches and pains.
- Continue improving after you have completed Physical Therapy.